Monday, February 4, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday Horatio

How did Horatio find his way to our home?

I saw an ad for Horatio (originally named Squeeker) who as a kitten was dropped off on the door step at a Bird Rescue with his litter mate sister. She quickly found a home, 'squeeker' did not, as he was COVERED in fleas, ear mites, barely clinging to life. They got the Fleas and the Mites cleared up, but even then they could not get the little guy to eat, he had only loose stools, the vets could not find the problem... Finally he was eating, stool issue cleared up , but no real reason found... at almost a year old an ad is put out for his adoption, for a "Free Kitty"

I respond to the ad, I inquire about his vaccinations and if he is neutered, they tell me that they have a mobile vet clinic coming to check on their birds in the coming days & that if I send them $$$ they can have it done for when I pick him up. I send the $$$, everything is taken care of, 1 week later, I drive an hour and a half out to pick the kitty up. I walk in and they have him in a dog cage... (odd) I think he is the cutest kitty ever I put him in the cat carrier and I take him home. While watching TV that night... Horatio got his name, who was already relaxing on my lap.

Horatio got his regal name because his Mommy LOVES CSI - & his namesake the character Horatio Caine on CSI Miami a Red Headed 'Cool Cat' just he is, thus he was named - 'Horatio'.

Horatio has striking green eyes, he has a bold swagger to his step, he knows he's 1 awesome kitty. He's loveable, while being petted, he grunts & he will even lightly pet your face just as you pet his (weird I know, he does not extend his claws or anything, he just pats your face tenderly, it will melt your heart), Meal time he stands on the food bin and looks at you, I could go on, he is such a character. 
I am so thankful that he has come to stay with us.

Happy 7th Birthday Horatio, we have enjoyed the last 6 years of warm snuggles and cuddles.  You are quite a character and we love sharing a home with you.  *muah!*


No comments: